Saturday, October 20, 2012

Tough Day on the Beach



In all things you have good days and bad days...  Thursday was one of those days...

I drove out to try out a new spot.  I found a wealth of bottle caps, tent spikes, and other beach junk...  And a few clad coins.  :)

It was low tide, and I spent a lot of time working the washed out areas.  The ACE 350 is not the best detector for wet sand \ salt.  I am finding that in wet \ salty sand the detector gives a lot of false readings.  I lower the sensitivity in the wet sand.

In the dry sand the ACE 350 is a champ.  People say turn the discrimination down to zero and dig everything...  I am finding that when you dig everything you tend to find everything... Which includes a lot of junk.

At any rate, I helped clean up the beach.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment